Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A day for B's

Tonight we went to Bobby Flay's Bar Americain for dinner. Chris and I left together and had gotten there earlier. We weren't the first to get there though, Sam, Maryam, and Angela had arrived there before us and had already started drinking. Then the rest of the interns slowly trickled in. 6:30 PM rolled around yet neither Antonette or Stacia had arrived... So we waited, then around 6:45 we decided to go up to the table. We got private table at the upstairs, and our own "AIG Intern Dinner" Menu, which was pretty cool.

I guess they had showed up around 7? My cell was acting up so I had no perception of time. For dinner I had shrimp for the appetizer, fillet mignon as the entre, and cheesecake for dessert. The shrimp was good, the steak was amazing, but the cheesecake was ehh.... I got a mojito (my first) with dinner, but it was way too strong and tasted bad, Elena tried it and agreed.

Dinner was interesting, Stacia (yes the Stacia Kelly, General Counsel, VP of AIG's Corporate Legal Dept) was at one head with Antoinette at her side and Chris Mallus (head of HR) at the other end. The dinner was cool because I got to know the other interns on a more social level, since we can only really small talk at Lunch & Learns. At the same time the dinner one of those weird, lets try to interact with the important people and hear their stories... Stacia was soo nice!!! :)

After Stacia and Chris left, we were left with an open tab, so we ordered one more round of drinks. You know me, I can't order drinks for my life, and just said some random phrase that equated to a drink - "sex on the beach." I may have had a little bit too much to drink, as I couldn't hold down my food any longer. AFter a while everyone had left, and it was just me, Angela, Chris and Jason. Shortly after Angela left, and I was going to leave, but Chris wanted to stay so that he could talk to Jason longer, what a surprise! haha. I promised Chris that I would show him how to take the train home, since his grandma lives in Whitestone (near 79) which isn't too far from me at all, so I had to wait for him. He had never been to Times Square, shocking I know, so I made him walk through it to get the 7 train. We left around 10:30 but didn't get home until around midnight!

While the restaurant was nice and the food was good, the atmosphere was nothing special and the food was not all that Elena made it seem. She hyped it up a bit too much...

I PASSED LINEAR ALGEBRA!!!

No comments: