Friday, June 27, 2008

Gavinlicious

Today was just like any other normal day at work... or was it? Gavin DeGraw was scheduled to call me today, how exciting!!! I was waiting since about 3 PM, 3:15, no call, 3:30 and I still had not recieved my phone call from Gavin yet. So finally around 3:45 he had called. I picked up the phone, and it was one of his people. The guy had said Gavin wants to say hi, and put Gavin on the phone!

The convo basically went like this:

Gavin: Hi, is this Elizabeth?
Elizabeth (Me): Yes it is.
G: Hi, I'm Gavin. Nice to meet you!
E: Nice to meet you too!
G: How are you? I'm in Louisville right now.
E: That's cool, I'm good

G: So where are you from?
E: NY
G: AWESOME!!!
E: NY's the best state in the world
**Gavin and I laugh**
G: Awesome, are you from upstate or below?
E: I'm from Queens
G: NO WAY!!! **Super excited**
E: Yup!
G: My good friend Joey's from Queens!
E: Really?!? What part?
G: Haha, I dont know, I don't go to Queens that much, I've only been there twice.
E: Maybe you should come visit!
G: Maybe I will. Joey lives near that tunnel... the one that connects Queens to Manhattan.
E: Hmmm the Holland Tunnel? Maybe the Lincoln Tunnel? Wait no, its gotta be the Holland Tunnel.
**We were then under the impression that it was the Holland Tunnel, but I have how learned it was the Mid-Town Tunnel**
G: Yeah that's probably it.
E: I think I actually met one of your friends
G: Really...
E: Do you know a girl named Jen B?
G: Hmm I think I know a Jen, but I don't know if I know a Jen B. I'm bad w/ last names.
E: Cool. So when are you going to be back in NY? I saw you on the David Letterman Show last night.
G: Yeah, Jay Leno, I mean David Letterman, was fun. I'll actually be back in about two weeks... actually next week. We're working on a 4th of July Special.
E: Awesome, I can't wait. When will you be at your little resturant, I'd love
to meet you!
G: I usually go there when I'm in town. I might be there on the 4th of July.
E: Awesome!
G: Well it was nice meeting you...
E: Before you leave I have a quick question.. **ask about starting a charity with Gavin**
G: Nice meeting and talking to you!
E: You too!
G: Bye!
E: Bye!

And that was pretty much our convo. I had brought my voice recorder, however the memory was filled (w/ mommy's stuff, GRRR) so it clearly didn't work :-\ But the call was amazing! Gavin's soo nice!!!

That's pretty much my day.

No comments: