Thursday, June 5, 2008

3 is a magic number

9:12 AM
Today's my first full day of work! I'm here bright and early, got into my cubicle at exactly 9AM. It's like a ghost town, there's nobody here! :-O Since I completed all my work from yesterday, I currently have nothing to do. Jerry and Elise aren't even here yet!

9:40 AM
Still kind of empty here, most people are here. However Reese still isn't here meaning... you've guessed it, there's nothing for me to do! I'm getting kind of bored here!

10:16 AM
So it continues...

Eventually Reese and Tricia came to me with stuff to do. I was working on stuff related to e-billing, it sounds like such a good idea as it not only saves time, but paper as well! Apparently they work for Duff and Phelps and are both from DC. They both fly into NY every week just to work, how crazy is that? Tricia only works here 3 days a week and Reese 4, that's not too bad I guess... Wow think about all that travelling!

So I finally got my books for Linear Algebra after much seeking. I initally went to the Borders on Pine & Broadway, however they only had the Schuam book... So in desparate need of the book, I went to the one in Columbus Circle. Not realizing how far the 59th Street Station on the 4/5 was I took it and walked the rest... It was an insane walk. I was told the store was on 59th & 8th, but I couldnt find it. The streets disappeared where the Time Warner Building was, so I circled the place, only finding myself at the LC campus. Evenually I called my mom, who got me the phone # of Borders. I called and found out it was in teh Time Warner Building the whole time, and I had circled it for no reason (it has the diameter of about 2 city blocks?), that wasn't fun... especially in heels and a suit. Then I couldnt find the math section in the store, eventaully I did, bought the book and called it a day.

Finally I got home around 9:30 PM. What a long day!

No comments: