Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Vacation - Day 7: Banff to Calgary



Today we drove from Banff to Calgary. The ride wasn't as long as I had anticipated.

On the way to Calgary we passed the Olympic Stadium that was used in the Winter Olympics in 1992. Unfortunately since it is a winter field, there wasn't much to see or do there in the summer. We finally made it to our hotel around 6ish? Then decided that since we wouldnt be able to do much tomorrow, since we had to be at the hotel somewaht early, we would try to do all the sightseeing tonight.

First we went downtown to see Calgary Tower, which was really cool. We got to stand on glass which was over 500 feet above the ground. Being scared of heights, standing on a piece of glass that high was quite intimidating. But you know me, I always like to push myself. My mom couldnt even tell i was scared, then again my sister and mom were too afraid to walk onto the glass, but eventually they sorta got over the fear.

Next we went to "Chinatown" It was so ghetto it was like 2x1 blocks of wannabe Chinatown. I was very unimpressed.

After that we went to dinner at "Tony Roma," which is known for their ribs. The food was pretty good :)

No comments: