Monday, August 11, 2008

Last Day Mahem

Today was my last day of my internship at AIG, for the summer at least. It was weird, nice, but bittersweet. Since I'm coming back in the fall, it was awkward semi-good byes. I sent everyone goodbye emails, and got some really nice ones back.

After much confusion, I found out that TJ wanted to meet up at Astor place. The boys had mentioned wanting to hang out on Friday, but I didnt think that was actually going to happen. I got there really early, as I came from the closest location. Being there early, not knowing the area, and being afraid of getting lost, I went to K-mart, which had NOTHING. Then I walked around, and some creepy guy came up to me trying to sell me candy, so he could make money for school... but after walking away, I was like wow that guy was way to young to be selling candy for school... and every time he put his hand down, he brush against me... i feel like it was on purpose.. AWKWARD...

I came across a GAP so i figured that'd be a good way to kill time. I walked around, the store, and couldnt find any women's clothes. Then I went downstairs, still nothing. Turns out there was a separate store for womens next door... whoops. I walked around, then Ganesh called me! He came a lot sooner than expected. So we met up at this cool black block thing that turns if you push it. Turns out that TJ didn't get out of work til 6 today, and alex was nowhere to be found. Eventually like 6:30 they both showed up.

We went to this cute Japanese grill place. We got egonmi and some kebabs. Next we walked around the city, and decided to go to Union Square. Me wanting to help wingman or in this case wing-girl for Alex, I suggested I invite Elena.

On the way to Union Square to meet up with her, the boys wanted to go to a Comic Book store, which was my first time in one. I had never seen this dorky of a side of them, but it wasn't as dorky as I had anticipated. Next we went to B&N, where the guys got some books. After a while it turned out that we were going to go out out, so I invited Elena.

We went to meet up with the other guys from bx sci, Karl, Henry, Andrew, Jake, etc. We walked forever to meet up with them - from union square all the way to china town, past walker street... then only to find out that we would be walking back uptown to union square area. We decided to take the subway, while the others left earlier, the bar was pretty tiny, but didnt card. We chilled and talked, Elena seemed to hit it off with TJ, and Alex, although I couldn't really tell if they were hitting on her or not... Ganesh and I agreed that TJ prob was and Alex prob wasnt. I only had one drink, and i thought i was fine. But a few hrs later, as we stood up to leave, omg it hit me... But as fast as it hit me, with some water - 1/2 a bottle (thanks Ganesh for running and finding me some) , I was good as new again. It was kind of funny cuz this all happened in a matter of what 15-20 mins? And prob would have been less, had i gotten water sooner.

No comments: