Thursday, August 28, 2008

NSO Training - Day 1

Today was the first day of training, which was BORING! I was placed in Group 7 aka Team Gold, "Yellow's old, now we're GOLD!" The mood of the team was a bit down, so we werent as energetic as other teams :-\ and I had to tone it down. My orientation captains are Meghan and Erik, who I think I've met before. The other orientation leaders in my group include Susan, Katie, Melissa (from RHA last year), another junior, and 3 more sophomores.

Today's training just consisted of a lot of listening to lectures. Although I did learn a lot about the new buildings. Apparently they're spending $85 Million on the new dorm building, Campbell Hall... that's right $85 MILLION!!! That explains why the tuition went up so much...

The other orientation leaders from LC came up today, so that was kind of cool. The Orientation Coordinator, Tom? was pretty attractive, he had this Michael Baer type presence/attractiveness. There were some similarities in their looks... And of course I saw Sam, which lead to some awkwardness...

After the LC OL's left, we had our dinner, which was a dinner mystery... At first I thought it sounded interesting and was going to be dumb, I just wanted to get out of there. But after seeing it, I liked it, I just wished they had started earlier (I didn't get back til 8:30 ish). The storyline of the mystery was that this girl's father, who was worth a lot of money, was pushed off his yacht, and someone had sent her a letter saying that she should run away if she didnt' want to see the same fate. So she had gone to the reading of the Father's will to find the killer, but only ended up being poisoned and killed herself. So they had some interaction with the audience by calling them up as suspects, or just to do things, which was funny.

When the night was finally over, we left, and boy were we glad to finally leave. Everyone was super exhausted.

No comments: