Monday, February 23, 2009

Boston University Tournament

Day 1
This weekend we went to Boston University (BU) for debate. It was lots of fun! I got to see a lot of my friends!

During round 3, as I'm giving my LOC, I see a boy through the window. It's NATAN!!! (I went to HS w/ him and had been texting back and forth with him all day trying to meet up with him). We then talked and headed to GA to chill for a while, where we caught up. Apparently Natan is now training to be a nurse, and is trying out for the National Cycling team! GO NATAN! Unfortunately shortly after he had to leave to go to a gig for this guy

After rounds and housing on Friday night, the team and I took the BU shuttle to get some chinese food, and got back to the hotel looking dorm around 2 AM.

Day 2
We had rounds 4, 5 today. I accidentally got drunk in round 5.... Robert had given me some vodka in my orange juice before round 5 this morning. Then I went to round 5, however about a minute into my LO, I begin to feel the alcohol, and ask if I can sit down. After I get the approval, I proceed with my speech, only to eventually put my head down. I managed to finish and give a 7:30 min speech :). During the MG's speech I even gave a POI, then immediately plummeted into my seat. Finally it was time for my LOR, surprisingly I had sobered up by then and was fine.

The tournament ended suprisingly well, but we were stuck in Boston for 9 HOURS, not by choice... Kim and Matt G went to the symphony, while the remaing 7 of us were forced to wait around Boston for them. While we were waiting for them we went to the Prudential building, then got dinner. However even with all that time we still had nothing to do. After dinner we had planned to go to a movie, but there wa nothign good playing, and we got there at a weird time, there were shows that started around 8 and 10, but it was 9 PM... So we went to Paniera, but that closed, at 10, and Matt G told us that they would not be done until 11. 10 rolled around, and we had nothing to do, as ther was not enough time to watch amovie, so we went to Will/Ryan/Ab's place. We waited, 11 PM passed, no Matt G, 11:30, nothing. Finally around 11:45 they showed up.

As we left for home, Kim told us that they would need to take a break, ok, thats understandable. 20 mins max right? WRONG, 50 mins at a McDonald's pit stop... not cool. We didn't get back until close 4 AM! (I was actually pretty annoyed... for once - lol)

At least I got to see Natan this weekend! :)

A video of BU Housing:

No comments: