Saturday, January 31, 2009

Yearling Weekend

Today I'm going the Yearling Dance with Jim. Katie just came over to help me with my hair, I'm doing it up with curls. However, she is making me wear these curlers in my hair until the dance... I look ridiculous! I was supposed to meet them at noonish, but now it looks like I'm not meeting them til 1 ish.



**Edit - Post Dance**



I met up w/ Jim and his friends, we took the train up to Garrison. Then 12 of us squeezed into an SUV, meant to hold 8 people max, there were 3 ppl in the front seat, one girl sitting on top of another in shot gun, 6 in the middle row, then 4 of us in that back trunk seat meant for 2. It was INSANE, you should've seen us trying to get into security, it was a mess!



Jim gave me an exclusive tour of the campus which was really cool. Then we went to visit Lupo and Kyle, then Luke. Lupo and Kyle were sooo suprised to see us!



Then it was off to dinner at "the Mess Hall." That was interesting... we walked around and people were not allowed to sit down until everyone was there, so you had to stand next to your assigned chair. Then this important 5-Star general gave a super long speech (I may or may not have been texting during it, oops), followed by lots of toasting. The food wasn't too bad, but it was served family style-esque. They had a big tray of food, and you would take some and pass it down. It's good to see that ARMY knows how to share.



After dinner, we rushed to the reception line - its sort of like introducing a debutante but less big. We waited on a long line, were then introduced to a general and his wife, shook their hands, and out we went.

All of the boys were anxious to get back into the city to party, so we rushed back to Jim's room to get changed and head to the Metro North to catch the train back into the city. Our ride had left before we even got back, so Jim, Paul, and I ran to try to find a ride to the stop after Garrison, which would give us a bit more time as there was no way that we would get to Garrison in time to catch the train. We ended up getting a ride from this sketchy gypsy van... eventually we got to the station, and there were Jim's friends who had ditched us.

When we finally got back to the station, I met Jim's old roomie, who was gorgeous! Apparently he had heard a lot about me... uh oh! Unfortunately I couldn't go back to their pent house to party... so I headed back to school.

The dance was a lot of fun!

No comments: