Thursday, January 8, 2009

Jury Duty... Day 2

I'm back again, only this time since we were returners we got to come in an hour later, still too early for me though. As I walk in to the side area, I'm looking for Nick, and you'll never guess who I saw... FARYN!!! I went to JHS 194 with her and had not seen her in over a year or two! What a blast from the past. Eventually I go sit with Nick, and Mouiden finds us.

The cop then calls the first bunch of groups to be questioned to be on the jury, bored out of our minds we kind of hope we get called. Turns out Nick, Mouidon andm I are all called and in the same group! The lawyers question us 6 at a time, I was called up in the 2nd group along w/ Mouiden. In the room there was another Fordham girl, and the guy I was sitting next to in the questioning had a sister who was an RA at Fordham. After the last question, the lawyer esseintially said "we would love to have you on our jury however we think you might be a bit biased." Woot, that meant I was home free, good thing too, since I have school on Monday. However Mouiden was not so lucky... he had to come back on Monday and serve on the jury.

After we were released from that room, I went downstairs and chilled w/ Faryn, who was sitting next to another kid we went to JHS with! Seriously, what is going on? I didn't know whether or not Nick would be down in time for lunch so I walked around w/ Faryn to find lunch. We ended up getting pizza and catching up :)

Finally at close to 3 PM, the cop called a batch of people to be released, and I was one of them! :)

No comments: