Thursday, March 12, 2015

DC April 2015 - Day 1

This week I am headed to DC for the Miss Supertalent of the World USA pageant and for a mini Nassau reunion with some of my friends who I interned with at the US Embassy in the Bahamas - Miguel & Yupa!


Today Miguel and I took Bolt Bus from NY to DC and got into Union Station, DC's version of Penn Station.  We were both amazed by all the cute guysthere were, and determined we definitely had the same taste in men, lol.  Within moments of being in DC, I saw someone I knew - on the Uber ride to Yupa's apartment, where we were staying for the week, I saw someone from my debate circuit!  How crazy is that?!  It went like this



I looked out the window and was like OMG I know that guy
**roll down the window & shout**
Me: Hey! Hey! (I couldnt remember the person's name)
Old couple at the bus stop looks at me
I point to the boy who is next to him
Boy: Hey!
Me: I know you right?
Boy: Yes
Me: You were on debate right?
Boy: Yes I was
Me: I'm Elizabeth, what's your name again?
Boy: Adam
Me: Nice to see you!
Adam: You too!
And we drive off - this all happened in a span of a few minutes as we were stopped at a red light in DC traffic outside Union Station on Thursday evening.


After that we went to dinner at this yummy Italian restaurant in Chinatown, where I had some amazing carbonara & gelato at Pitango!


No comments: