Sunday, May 24, 2009

1st Day in the Bahamas!!!

Today I arrived at the Nassau Airport. The flight was super empty, I had my own row to myself. When I landed I realized that I had no idea where I was meeting my sponsor Marilu. It turned out that Dana Renfroe (the community liason office aka clo) and my new roomie, Yupa picked me and the other new intern Miguel from the airport. Luckily they had held signs so I knew it was them, or else I wouldve been lost and confused.

After we arrived and I took my bags into my room, we went to Marilu's for dinner. She cooked us chicken tacos which were very yummy! :)

The house is pretty sweet. It's 2 floors, the first floor consisting of a kitchen, living room, back area and a small patio. The second floor has 2 bedrooms, one of which is mine, and my roomie has the master bedroom, however i have my own bathroom and office area! :)

No comments: