Tuesday, May 26, 2009

1st Day at US Embassy Internship

Today was my first day at the US Embassy in Nassau, Bahamas. I woke up at 6:30 AM (after having gone to bed at 1:30, wow I'm an idiot). Marilu, drove Yupa and myself, to pick up Miguel, and then we headed to the Embassy. I was really nervous and energetic for the first day!

When we got there we went in, and gave in our passports to get a visitor's ID. We then parted our separate ways, I went w/ Marilu. We had gotten to the office really early, so we were practically the only ones there. So I helped her out w/ a few tasks and met a bunch of people.

For lunch I went out w/ my supervisor, which happens to be a fordham alum and the #2 guy at the embassy. We went to Conch Fritters, which had some pretty sweet burgers.

Marilu drove us home at 4 PM. After that Yupa and I walked to the beach, which was gorgeous!

No comments: