Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fordham Tournament - It's over!!!

Before I say anything, I believe some congratulations are in order!

CONGRATS TO:
ROHAN/DHRU ON WINNING NOVICE FINALS
BEN/LAUREN ON WINNING THE TOURNAMENT
BIG LUPO/SAM ON BREAKING TO OCTAS
MICAH/TIGER ON BEING 3RD NOVICE TEAM
CAITLIN ON BEING 3RD SPEAKER
DAVID ON BEING 10TH SPEAKER

We gave out some pretty sweet swords ;)

The tournament went pretty well, nobody had to sleep on the streets and I made a lot of new friends, or I spoke to and am more friendly with people!

Sharon, from one of my expansion schools Medgar Evers College (CUNY), came to watch some rounds. She was really cool. I had her watch Liz Zahler/Sam Hynes' rounds. She really liked the rounds, and so did her supervisor, which is a Fordham Alum.

We ended up not doing team dinner after the tournament :-\ Instead we went to White Castle, which was not the same but we still had a good time good. It was basically Meg, myself, Boma and the novii. Everyone was eating White Castle throughout the tournament so I was craving some White Castle and a chocolate milkshake!

They were checking bags in Walsh, so we couldn't get in, so we were going to go to Alpha House to watch a movie. The novii were being really indecisive, and since nothing else was going to happen there, Meg and I decided to go back to O'Hare. And that's my night!

No comments: