Saturday, August 17, 2013

Cruise 2013 in a nutshell


Wow its been quite a whirlwind since I got back from my cruise so I havent had a chance to write about it.

My cruise was awesome!!!  It was well needed vacation and so much fun!  Not only did I make new friends, I made a new family! We hung out a lot with a group of basketball players and two girls from our dinner table.  My dinner table and I became super close - there were 10 people at my table (Table 504), 5 pairs of 2 all from different parts of NY & NJ, mostly around our age - all girls minus 1 pair of guys in their 50's.  We thought they were a couple, but we were so wrong!  We all became good friends and actually went to events together, the guys even joined us in the club on the boat!

Amanda and I were on the 2nd place team at the Carnival Quest - which was a quasi scavenger hunt.

Somehow the theme of Amanda, my friend and cabin-mate for the trip, and I's trip became "Don't Die." Here's why:
Day 1 - I was told "you should be dead" because my heart was beating so fast
Day 2 - Amanda was since all day, so I told her "don't die" as she slept all day and even missed dinner!
Day 3 - "Don't get shot" as we were going to play lazer tag
Day 4 - I got bruised from climbing a wall in Puerto Rico & Senor Frogs
Day 5 - We were just so tired we crashed pretty early (we woke up early because we were docking in St Thomas at 7 AM)
Day 6 - Margaritaville @ Grand Turk
Day 7 - Amanda had a bit too much & almost broke my nose
Day 8 - My dinner table (504) went hard at the Red Carpet

Even though I just got back, I miss the people, beaches and cruise already!

No comments: