Tuesday, September 20, 2011

MTVu VJ On-Camera Interview

Today I had my on-camera interview for a VJ position with MTVu!!!  This has been my dream job since like 7th grade.. yes, back in the days of Cason Daly and TRL

I think the interview went well?  I mean its really up to the producers and if they like me.  I just hope that the fact that I'm out of school doesn't harm my chances - I mean I'm still only 22, even if I do have an MBA...

So everyone wants to know what the process is like...

Application Process
So I sent in my resume and a photo to MTVu last week and got a call yesterday.

Phone Interview/Screening
The call was a short phone interview asking me questions like - what are your favorite types of music, favorite band, etc.

Then they asked me to send a few more pictures to get a better idea of what I looked like.  Before I could even decide what pictures to send in, I got a call from her boss asking me to come in for a camera interview the next day (today)!!!

I was sent some cues, things you'd see on cue cards, to look over.  Pretty straight forward stuff.

On-Camera Interview
At the interview, I got there a tad early, then he came out and brough tme to this room - which was essentially an office w/ empty walls, but had the complete set up w/ a desk and everything, except there was a camera facing the wall.

For the on-camera interview, the producer started off filming a conversation type interview , where I was answering questions - boy did I learn some interesting things while being interviewed.  Then I did the cues, which went somewhat well, it only took me like 1.5 times to run through them.  I just hope I didn't speak too quickly as I tend to do when I get nervous.

The filming was very quick, it was supposed to start at 3 PM and I was out by 3:15 PM.

Fingers crossed to see how it all goes!