Thursday, June 23, 2011

NBC Page Program Interview

Today I had my final round paneled interview for the NBC Page program!

There were 5 of us, all girls, and the panel - the Page Program Manager, Page Program Coordinator and Page Program Intern.  Two of the girls were from Syracuse University, one from NYU, the other from Pepperdine and me from Fordham.

The interview consisted of of 3 parts:
Part 1: Group Interview
This part was surprisingly short, they only asked us 1 question:  What is the biggest risk you've taken and what did you learn from it?

Part 2: Individual Interview
This part was short as well, about 15 minutes.  They asked me to tell them about my different internships and why I wanted to be a page and why NBC.

Part 3: Personal Presentaitons
Each of us gave 2 minute presentations about ourselves.  While singing and dancing was not allowed, the usage of creativity and props was highly encouraged.  I had brought a TON of props - the cap from my cap & gown, a notebook, voice recorder, debate timer, a CD and most importantly my scientific calculator (which I don't think Natasha has seen before, based on her facial expression, lol).

Not surprisingly, all of the girls at the interview were very qualified and really wanted the job.  And surprisingly, I was the only MBA grad there, and probably the oldest one there!  All in all, the interview was very laid back and a lot of fun!

3 comments:

akosua0906 said...

Sounds like you had a great interview with NBC? Have you heard back from them? I hope you were accepted!

Elizabeth said...

Sadly I was not :(

Christina said...

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm about to go on the panel interview myself and was wondering if you could give me any advice? I'm quite nervous about the presentation portion of it, considering all the insanely creative things I've read that past applicants have done and have still not gotten in. I would really appreciate any advice that you can give me.

Thanks!
Christina