Sunday, October 17, 2010

Big Bronx

Big Bronx was this past weekend - Round Robin on Thursday and the actual tournament Friday to Sunday. 

Thursday
The round robin went well, I judged the 1st round of the Congress RR, first ever for us!  It was pretty cool.  I was pretty freaked out about judging for the first time, but I got the hang of it by the end, and had similar rankings to the guy running the round (who was surprisingly my age).

Afterwards, we went to Japonica for dinner, which was a lot of fun!  I got to sit with Lev, my new college policy friends, and Jon's friend Mike from Vassar.  Lots of sushi!!! Yum!!! :)

Friday
I was in charge of the housing portion of reg, I got to see a lot of old friends and Bx Sci alum.  I only had to judge 1 flight today, due to housing stuff.  Which ended up going pretty smoothly!

Saturday
Apparently, everyone thought I was pretty calm yesterday and that I did a goo job!  Jon basically told me I could come in whenever I wanted today, so I skipped round 4, and came to judge round 5-7.  Surprisingly, I only judge flight B's.

I got out of going in tomorrow!!!  So I will sleep in!

Overall it was a good weekend - I got to see some of my favorite people - Melanie, Rohan, Angela, Lev, Jordan, and got to meet and hang out w/ the Bx Sci debate team!  <3

They are so awesome! :)

No comments: